Sunday, January 27, 2013

Urban Decay Glendora Palette Swatches and Review

So this week Urban Decay launched two new palettes inspired by two witches from the new movie coming out, Oz The Great and Powerful. When I first got the email about these new palettes being released I jumped at the chance to get them. If you follow me on Instagram you'll see that I just got them in the mail today! So I am now going to review them for you.

So the first palette that is up for review is the Glinda Palette. Now if you don't know the original Wizard of Oz, and have not seen the trailer to this amazing new movie I suggest you check out the trailers they have online. Glinda is a good witch, so her palette is all bright and whimsical. 


With the Glinda Palette, you get 6 full sized eyeshadows, which two of them are duos, you also get a travel sized 24/7 glide on eye liner in Rockstar, and a full sized Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Glinda. 



 Tornado: This shade is a deep purple shimmer. It is very vibrant, and blends great.


Aura: This is an iridescent white. One half has a blue tint and the other has a pinky red tint. 


Magic: This is a pinky-blue purple color with gold shimmer to it. 


Illusion: pale peach satin color with like a goldish hint to it. 


Oz: One half is a gold shimmer with that infamous UD glitter and the other half is a silver shimmer with silver glitter.


South: A taupe-y gray color with again silver glitter. 



Next up we have the Lip color and Eyeliner Pencil


Rockstar is a deep eggplant color, and Glinda is a pinky nude shade.


This also come with a get that look card.

Now I love the new UD formula for their eyeshadows, it feels so creamy like. The blend-ability is amazing for a good amount of their colors. Now that being said, my favorite colors out of this palette would have to be Tornado, Illusion, and the Silver half of Oz. My least favorite is definitely the Gold half of Oz because the glitter makes it hard to blend in a way, and it's just too chunky. If you've been a fan of UD you'll know what I am talking about lol. I love the fact that this comes with a eyeliner that isn't Zero, and I love the color of Glinda lip color. The lip colors don't have any scent to them which is a good thing for most people who cannot stand some scents that a lot of makeup companies have on some products. I know a lot of people look at this and think that the price range is pretty high. I did my math and for $49 you're getting a BYOP, 6 full-sized shadows(which two are duos), a full-sized Super Saturated Lip Color, and a travel-sized eyeliner pencil, which would originally cost about $154.50 for everything individually. So in my personal opinion this is definitely not a bad deal.

I love the tin casing but not a fan of the mirror not being able to stand on it's own, like how the vice palette holds up. But that and the glitter chunks in the gold half of Oz are my only complaints about this. Although personally I feel that I am a Theodora. I'll be posting my swatches and review on that tomorrow. I tried to get this up earlier but mommy duties come first lol. I was also going to do a look with this but unfortunately I am not wearing makeup for a few days due to some facial issues at the moment, but once that is done with I'll be posting a look for sure. I hope you enjoyed this review, and I apologize for the "eh" pictures I'm saving up for a DSLR Camera right now though. Until next time, take care ^_^

Rating:
Packaging: 4/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Blending: 4.5/5
Price: $$
Overall: 4.5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment