Monday, March 12, 2012

Haul! Urban Decay FF Sale

So for those of you who are avid UD buyers, you'd know that they had their Friends&Family Spring 2012 Sale these past couple days. I, of course had to jump on this because I LOVE  all things Urban Decay lol. So if you're interested in seeing this haul, and a mini review on each item, please keep on reading. 


I decided to go with some items that were already on sale:) that way I can get them even cheaper lol. I went with the Little Sin Primer Set, Fun Palette, and the infamous Book of Shadows IV. I am pretty happy with my purchase. I've been wanting to try out the other primers that UD has, just didn't want to get full sized ones because of the fear that I would not like them. I've been back and forth about the BOS IV though, but since they had the sale, I figured I'd go for it. Now the Fun Palette was the one I've originally wanted because the colors:)




First up the Little Sins Primer Set. I absolutely love all of them. I am definitely going to purchase full sized ones, unless I can find a swap for them. These little bottles are definitely a good investment if you're looking to just try out UD's eye primers. 


On the packaging it says "Consider these the four sins you should commit. Our four Eyeshadow Primer Potions are unbelievable for smoother, longer-lasting, and absolutely crease-proof shadow. This set is a must-have for any serious or aspiring primer junkie. Inside, each travel-size potion does more than grip eye color"

I have been using the original sin primer potion for a year now, and I love it. Now all of these primers are definitely going on my favorites list. 


Original Primer potion blends out invisible and acts as just a normal primer.
Sin Primer Potion has a shimmery champagne finish, and can double as a highlight. Just like their shadow called Sin.
Eden has a nice matte finish to it. It can even out your skin tone, and brighten for a younger look.
Greed which is exclusive to this set is a shimmery gold finish. This can also double as a highlight and add a metallic sheen to your look.

Now as much as I love the primer potions, I will definitely not get this type of packaging again. I like their squeeze tubes a lot better! With the genie bottle packaging you can end up wasting product if you don't break open the packaging and scoop out the left over product. But other than that UD has an avid customer in me for their primer potions:)

 Ratings:
Packaging: 2 out of 5
Anti-Crease ability: 4 out of 5
Long-lasting ability: 4 out of 5
Price: $
Overall: 5 out of 5
Will definitely buy again in squeeze tube packaging!


On to the Fun Palette. I chose this palette because of the variety of color in it. It's also a plus to get another Sin shadow since it is one of my all time favorites from UD. They had a feminine palette and a dangerous palette but no longer have them available on their website. This comes with a travel size Original Primer Potion, which I have tons of now lol, and a travel size 24/7 Eyeliner in Oil Slick. 


It has a pretty standard packaging. Cardboard with a magnet to keep it shut. Nothing fancy there. The design on the front is filled with pinks, yellow, and orange. It's definitely a "fun" design. The inside is yellow and purple. It's cute and creative in my opinion.


Woodstock is a bright pink with shimmer in it.
Baked is a shimmery gold, a well known color that is in almost EVERY palette from UD lol.
Uzi is a silver color with silver glitter, my least favorite of the colors. I'm just not into glitters.
Sin, of course, is a shimmery champagne color, perfect for highlighting.
Flipside is a blue shimmer color, for some reason my camera flash decided to wash out the blue.
Psychedelic Sister is a purple shimmer color.

Overall I am loving this palette and plan on looking for the other 2 in swaps. 

Ratings:
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Pigmentation: 4 out of 5
Price: $
Overall: 5 out of 5
Will definitely buy again if available!


Now onto the infamous Book of Shadows IV. The packaging is horrendously unnecessary in my personal opinion. It takes up way too much space because it is bulky. There's too much packaging for the products. A simple packaging similar to their fun palette would've sufficed for me. This palette comes with 16 shadows, a 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion, UD Supercurl Curling Mascara, a squeeze tube of Original Primer Potion, and some gadgets that I believe are unnecessary. It has a little speaker you can plug your phone into with the wires they provided. And a card that has QR codes you can use to get How To videos for the palette. I think that is a cool idea but why makes this such a huge box?


As for the pigmentation of the colors I'd say they're pretty darn good. I mean of course this is Urban Decay we are talking about and I have yet to have any pigment issues with their shadows that I do have. They have a nice creamy feel to them, and blend easily. I love the variety because you can do a neutral look or a bold look. And of course they're all shimmery colors.





Ratings:
Packaging: 1 out of 5
Pigmentation: 5 out of 5
Price: $$
Overall: 4 out of 5
Won't be buying again because there's just no need and we all know they're will probably be another BOS with similar if not the exact same shadows.



Well that was my little Urban Decay Friends&Family Spring 2012 Sale Haul. Hope you enjoyed. Till next time^_^

Posts coming up in the next few weeks.
-Collective Haul from MAC, Coastal Scents, and Swaps.
-In Depth Reviews on certain Haul products.
-More Spring Looks.
-My Makeup Collection/Storage.






No comments:

Post a Comment