Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nail Polish

 So today I decided to do something different. It's my review on Butter London/Nail Tutorial. If you'd like to see just keep on reading:)

So the things I used were, Sally Hansen Maximum Growth as a Base Coat, Butter London Nail Lacquers in Slapper and Trout Pout, then my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. 

I am sure we've all seen Butter London Nail Lacquers around at Ulta. That's where I got mine at least. Now the price tag is horrendous for a nail polish but like the saying goes, "You get what you pay for" and with this product you do. It glides on smoothly, and applies pretty thick after just 2 coats. I definitely love this product, but with the price I don't see myself owning too many. Butter London costs $14 at Ulta for 11 ml. - .4 fl oz. Compared to Essie which can range anywhere between $6-$9 for a 13.5 ml. - .46 fl oz. bottle, or OPI that ranges from $4-$9, depending on where you shop, for a 15 ml. - 0.5 fl. oz. If you're the type of person who doesn't want to spend much on nail polish but want a good quality one, I'd suggest Sinful Colors which runs from $2-$4, again depending on where you shop, for a 15 ml. - 0.5 fl. oz. bottle. 

I have a wide range off nail polishes. Sinful Colors, ICE, Essie, OPI, Sally Hansen, etc. I just love them all. Just like face makeup, in my opinion, another way of expressing art with a very wide variety of colors. It just depends on how you use it all. Now for the tutorial part of this post.


I know many of you probably know how to do this but for those of you just starting out with nails, all you have to do is paint one half of your nail one color, and the other half another color. Try to get where the 2 colors meet in the center. Apply a top coat and done ^_^ Simple right?

Now if you want glitter down the middle, just take a stripper brush and apply. Then top coat and done. I hope you enjoyed this post^_^

 Ratings for Butter London:
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Pigmentation: 4 out of 5
Lasting Power: 4 out of 5
Price: $$$
Overall: 4 out of 5
Will look into other colors too buy but not too many

Coming Soon:
Holy Grail Makeup Product Series
Makeup Collection Series
More Spring Makeup and Nail Looks



No comments:

Post a Comment