Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March Favorites

It's that time of the month again! Monthly favorites times, and this time it's March favorites<3 I cannot believe that this month is coming to a close, another month down and one more to go till the big move. For those who don't know I am an Army wife, and we are moving the end of April. Hubby is going to Korea, and our son and I are going back to Arizona while he is over there. Anyways, back to the monthly favorites. I am just basically adding on to last month's favorites in a way because I still love and use everything from last month lol. If you're interested in seeing what I loved this month then keep on reading :)


Starting of with skincare/makeup removers.
Neutrogena Cleansing Wipes: These are my every day makeup remover wipes. I love these because they are so convenient to take off my makeup when I'm just trying out a look or doing some swatches. They don't have an overbearing smell, and tend to make my face feel nice and smooth after use.
Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover: I have gone through about 2 of these because they definitely last you a good while. I tend to use these after a long day of wearing any eye makeup. They tend to leave my eye lids feeling a bit oily but I can definitely deal with that lol.
Yes to Tomatoes Facial Pads: These pads are a great way to make sure I get any left over residue off of my face after cleansing it. The Yes to Tomatoes is designed specifically for acne prone skin which I have.
Olay Active Hydrating Cream: This is my holy grail moisturizer. I tend to be on the dry side when it comes to my face and this definitely helps keep my face feeling nice and moisturized throughout the day. I always pop this on after cleaning my face.
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser: I got this is my March Birchbox and I am absolutely loving it. I am placing an order for the full sized one tomorrow. This little sample size has lasted me a good week and a half and I still have a good bit left to use up while waiting for the full sized one to get in. Now I have tried MANY acne cleansers and this one so far has been the best for my skin. It hasn't made me break out after using it. It has been slowly clearing up my acne and it doesn't give me any burning sensation after use like other acne cleansers. Definitely close to getting on my HG list.
Yes to Tomatoes Acne Spot Stick: I use this to roll onto any spots that I have and by the next day they have either reduced down to almost nothing or disappear completely! Best so far lol.


Now for makeup products! Starting with the face of course. 
Too Faced Primed and Poreless: This baby has been helping with my huge pores lol. I love to apply this before using anything on my face. It reduces the size of my pores tremendously! My friend gave this to me to try out since I was having no real luck with any other primers and this has definitely helped me out.
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in Bisque 8: I love this foundation! It is so light weight in my personal opinion. It says "no fading and no retouching" In my opinion this is definitely true. When I decided to wear foundation that day this is one that I reach for if I am going all day with it on my face. This is a perfect match for my skin tone which makes me happy because for some reason I have a lot of trouble trying to match my tone lol. This is on the pricey side but I think it is definitely worth it, and it is a 1.0 fl oz bottle so it will last a good while because all you need is maybe 3 pumps at most and done lol.
Benefit Erase Paste No. 2: Now being a mom of a rambunctious little 2 year old boy I don't get too much sleep so my bags are horrendous. This definitely corrects the color under my eyes before my concealer and I am good to go. I don't have to worry about looking tired when I go somewhere lol.
NYX Stick Blush in Hibiscus: I LOVE THIS BLUSH! It glides on so nice and blends out amazingly. I am ready to go out and buy all of them! 


Now for the eyes.
Wet n Wild Brow Kit in Ash Brown: I use the lighter shade in this kit for my brows. The staying power is a lot better than my brow pencils so that makes me happy! It's definitely inexpensive and you can find it at any drugstore.
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk: I love using this for a base. It makes colors pop a lot better on my eyes. I depotted it from the pencil form and placed it in a little sample jar. I find it a lot easier because you don't have to sit there and sharpen the pencil or worry about wasting any left over product. There's tons of YouTube videos on how to depot them if you'd like to see how it's done.
MAC Painterly Paint Pot: I have had this base for a while now and I love using it almost every time I wear eyeshadow! It blends out amazingly and keeps shadows from creasing.
MAC Pigments: Now I love the teal pigment. It's a beautiful green color! Then there's the crushed metallic pigments that are from the Vera Collection. Yes there is a ton of fallout but that's ok as long as you apply your face makeup beforehand so you can just brush it away.
Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin: Hands down Sin is one of my most favorite color from Urban Decay. I have 3 palettes that have this color in it so I don't see myself running out of it for a couple months lol. This is a great color to put as a highlight on your brow bone and inner tear duct.
Maybelline Falsies Mascara: This is one of my drugstore HG mascaras! I absolutely love it. It holds my curl and gives me great volume.
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden: I absolutely love UDPP and Eden is amazing! It has a matte finish to it.


Now for the lips.

Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Fig: This is a gorgeous pinky shade. I got this in the lipstick set from Bite at Sephora. I wanted to branch out to other lipsticks and this is by far my favorite one from Bite. It's so nice and creamy, and definitely pigmented.
MAC Lipstick in Myth: I love nude lips, they are my go to for every day lips. Myth has become one of my most recent favorites. Like most MAC lipstick it goes on nice and smooth. It has a nice satin finish to it.
MAC Lipstick in Peachstock: Now I have been trying to hunt this dang lipstick down until I one day my friend said she'd give it to me since it doesn't work for her. This is a nice peachy nude and has a satin finish.
MAC Viva Glam Gaga I: I love this pink. It's a nice cotton candy pink, and is a lustre finish.
mark. Ibiza Sol Marbleized Lip Gloss in Chica Coral: Over a nude lip this coral just stands out so nicely and gives you that nice glossy finish without the sticky lips. I have just started to get back into lip glosses because I love that nice shine you get lol.
Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector: This is one amazing lip liner. It goes on clear and keeps lipstick from fading outward. 
mark. glow baby glow Lip Gloss in Girly Girl: This lip gloss has a nice pinky tone to it but it is definitely not a massively in your face pink. If you're interested I have a mark. tab that has a link to my eBoutique :)
eos lip balm in Lemon: eos is hands down one of my most favorite lip balms. It keeps my lips nice and hydrated throughout a good part of the day. 



On to my favorite palettes of the month!

Sugarpill Sweet Heart Palette: I love both of my sugarpill palettes but I use this one more than the other lol. These shadows are so pigmented and blend so well. I have a full review on it if you're interested.
Coastal Scents Eclipse Concealer Palette: I love this palette because you can mix different shades of concealer to get your match. They are so nice and creamy. I don't think I'll be running out of concealer any time soon!
Coastal Scents Creative Me Palette #1: I got this palette because it has amazing colors. It is filled with the Coastal Scents hot pots so you can always change them out or if you hit pan with one color you can buy another and replace it easily which is definitely very convenient. These color blend so nicely and are very pigmented in my opinion.
Coastal Scents 10 Color Blush Palette: I got this palette so I can start building up a blush collection and thought this would be perfect to get me started. I absolutely love it with all the color variety. From pinks to peachy to brownish colors, this is great for anyone who is just getting started with makeup.


Last but certainly not least my little miscellaneous items.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I cannot even begin to describe my love for Urban Decay. And their all nighter spray is definitely one of my most favorite products from them. This spray keeps my makeup in place with no melting off whatsoever. It claims to keep makeup lasting for 16 hours and so far I have used this and had makeup last me for 10 hours because I never keep makeup on for more than half the day lol. 
Blender Cleanser: Not only is this cleanser great for your beauty blender, it works amazingly for brushes as well. I have had this for over a month and a half, and just now got to almost half full. It makes my brushes feel so soft and look so clean after their weekly deep cleansing!
Brush Guards: A couple months ago my friend told me that Walmart has started selling The Brush Guards so I had to get me a pack to try it out! I love them, they have made my brushes look like they did when I first got them and some of them look even better than that. Needless to say that I have been going back to Walmart almost every chance I get to buy more but they're always sold out! 

Well that's my monthly favorites, I hoped you enjoyed reading this post. Be on the lookout for my Collection Overview and Series within the next few days! Till next time ^_^







No comments:

Post a Comment